This is it. August has come and gone, as we knew it would. We whiled away the hours doing anything we wanted to until now. Fall is here and we returned to our real lives. School, work, routine. Each of us in our own homes. Hours and miles apart.
But we will not leave empty handed. This summer has been filled with sisterly adventures that have changed us.
For me, this summer has been a great inspiration, as my sister has always been to me.
Things I learned this summer:
1. Noticing every dog around you will instantly brighten your day.
2. You can be a model, just by saying you are.
3. Don't hold all your sass in your mouth.
4. Discover your brand. Then stay true to it. Whether you are an exotic and edgy hipster or a sassy girl next door, work your own style.
5. I don't have to justify my bad taste. Let's be real: I only want to listen to Pop music and Motown. I only want to watch Buffy and DS9.
6. Life is better when you laugh at all the cabinet doors being open and then close them yourself.
7. Come to terms with who you are. There is nothing inherently wrong with the way you are. If you can't reconcile something, that's when you take action to change it.
8. Walk like a dinosaur when no one is looking... or all the time. Whichever.
9. Wear what makes you feel good every day.
10. Everyone is just a 6-year-old inside a grown-up body.
11. Boys are puppies.
12. Gel dinosaurs melt into snot in triple digit heat, but come off with some Scrubbing Bubbles, vinegar, and elbow grease.
13. The best part of Olympic Gymnastics is the scrunchies.
14. Sometimes you measure twice, cut once. Other times you just have go for it.
15. Replace your chairs with an exercise ball. You'll thank me later.
16. Good teachers are the ones that love the bad kids.
17. Dog blogs are the only ones worth reading. Besides model blogs, of course.
18. Jumping rope when you are over the age of 10 and not a boxer will get you funny looks. All the more reason to do it!
19. Assume everyone wants to be your friend. It beats the alternative.
20. My sister is my best friend.
You can count on us to
Walk like Sisters.